My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

"who hears my music, sees my soul"

Friday, July 21, 2006

Extremity

String Quartet and Organ copyright 2006 KE Peace

powered by ODEO

Guillotine

Marie Antoinette
who lost her head over cake

I recall

her poison poise
bowed below the blade.

( did i want

both black and white,
here and there,
this and that?

did i want
to have my cake and eat it too?

did i want? )

that neck is familiar
waiting there
on the edge between
yes and no

(too much wanting
makes a metamorphosis:

that
strained
and
blanched
thing -- )

I own it –
mine.

the fragile

(when it becomes
arrogant
stupid
or vulnerable)

lands here
with nowhere to lay its head
but on this unyielding pillow

(now i am no more an island
no more a rock)

i am become that
not too solid flesh
which, when it fails
to melt of its own volition,
is brought to this place
of beginnings
cut short

waiting

whose hand holds the catch?
whose would stay the blade's fall?

waiting
waiting
waiting

when a mere breath
could bring everything to an end

- copyright KE Peace
- July 2, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home